Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cold April Fishing

I arrived at the Big Slough Creek at noon when it was cold and windy.  As the day wore on, it got colder and windier.  I felt as frozen as I did on the last blizzard.    However, I did keep fishing, because they were biting.

I got many strikes, hooked many fish, and took home five at 4pm when the temperature was 43 degrees.  The wind child was very much lower.

There were quite a number of fishers brazing the wind today.  Everyone got strikes, if not fish.  I can testify that there are many trout still in the stream.  They are jumping, and also taking large lures in deep water.

The new planters include 8 inchers, but don't forget, the season is ending on the 15th and we need to complete the harvest before the warm weather starts.

I guarantee, it did not start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment