Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fair weather fishing




Fair weather fishing is always a problem for me: I stay too long.  It was cold until the sun came out later in the afternoon.  I fished upstream for hours all alone, and never got a strike.  I did lose flies, and spend a lot of time untangling line.  I have trouble getting tangled when I cast.


In the afternoon, the sun came out, and it was very pleasant.  I took off the gloves, and headed south.  I found the downstream full of fishermen having good success with bright midges, especially chartreuse (bright green).

Several caught lunkers, including this 18 inch rainbow.  I saw many fish turned loose, but some fishermen can't resist bringing one home for the fry pan once in a while.

It should continue to be nice weather for the next 5 days.








No comments:

Post a Comment