Friday, November 6, 2009

Trout are biting


It was a beautiful day on the Big Slough Creek.  A warm, clear, fall day.  Fly fishers were catching all day.  Some were pulling in one after another.  Most were returned so they could be caught again.


Saturday should be just as nice.  The Flatland Fly Fishers Club Women's Fly Fishing Clinic http://www.flatlandflyfishers.org/womensclinic09.pdf
  is tonight and tomorrow.

I followed my advice of yesterday to visit the Ark River Anglers.  I made the mistake of taking my wife.  However, Song Bin was very happy, as my wife persuaded me to acquire a few items missing from my fly gear.  Song Bin was very, very happy that she came.  He says that the fishermen come for gear, but when their wives come, they end up with clothing and accesories as well.

I am told that the gear I have been using is the reason that when I leave a hole skunked, the next fisher catches half a dozen in short time.  Even the fish farm trout require appropriate presentation.

This batch came from the Crystal Lake Fishery in southwestern Missouri.  The aquaculture facility is fed by the constant flow of a clear Ozark Mountain spring which produces about 10 million gallons each day. http://www.crystallakefisheries.com/


They bring us the Emerson Strain Rainbow Trout as well as "Golden Rainbow Trout", a gold-orange rainbow trout specially bred as a novelty for angling sport.  Crystal Lake trout recipes:
http://www.crystallakefisheries.com/recipes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment