Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flatland Fly Fishers Outing


The Fly Fishers have fun fishing in Big Slough Creek.  They are happy to be on the water.  They love to talk and help other fishermen.  They catch fish.  Many of the fly fishers catch 5, 10, 20+ fish in one day.  They release everything, so they can catch it again.  They caught a lot of the 10 inchers, plus some of the two pounders, and even albinos.  One fisherman was so surprised to catch "a yellow trout".  It was at least 2 pounds, and very beautiful.


Though I caught my five trout on opening day, today I caught less trout, and more little bass, even though I was using the flies the fishers gave me.  It was very chilly in the morning through mid day (and windy on Vic's Lake).  The sun warmed in the afternoon, for a very pleasant day.

I did not see any catches at Vic's Lake, though people were using bait and spinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment