Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Return to Wichita

I was glad to be fishing on Monday (North Chisholm), even though no one was catching anything, not even the float tubers.  I did tie into a big bass, but just before I landed it, he straightened the hook on my jig and got away.  I just discarded the jig.

Tuesday I fished a small pond in a housing area in Bel Aire.  Last time I caught quite a few green bullhead (on minnows and small bluegill).  So this time I concentrated on catching bluegill.  I finally found a spot 6 feet from shore, where every cast would attract attention.  I landed over 20 green sunfish in one hour.  I used small ones to catch more bullhead out in the lake, on the bottom.

It is chilly out there, but it is nice to be fishing.  Trout season starts October 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment